DPSCD Go Green Challenge Leaderboard!
DPSCD Go Green Water Audit Updates!
In 2015, DPSCD Go Green students found leaks totaling over 2,825 gallons per day — that’s 1,031,307 gallons per year or over one and a half Olympic sized swimming pools per year! With detailed information about the leaks you discover, the DPSCD Go Green Challenge will help create a strong case to prioritize the repair of the water wasters at your school!
So far the Green Teams listed below have identified a cumulative annual leakage of 342,187.5 gallons or in other words, $3,113.91 in costs
Thanks to the Green Teams from: Neinas, Munger, Maybury, Davison, Roberto Clemente, Harms, Mark Twain, Fisher Magnet Upper and Hutchinson, for reporting the leaks they found!!
Each week, there will be updates posted here on the reported leaks that the Green Teams have found. Help your school save money and water, and earn up to 2 points in the DPSCD Go Green Challenge!
Warm up with the DPSCD S.T.E.A.M.y Winter Showcase!
Innovation Activity: My Green School Art Contest!
- Create a picture to show what makes your school green or how your school could become greener.
- Use paper or card stock up to 12×18 inches.
- Any medium can be used: paint, crayons, pencil, collage, photos, stencils, etc.
- We encourage the use of recycled paper.
- Do not use glitter or copyrighted or trademarked images.
- Do not include the student’s or school’s name within the artwork.
- Do not include matting or framing with submission.
- Individual entries only—artwork completed by an entire class will not be judged.
The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.